Data Held at this Site
Data may be downloaded from the web, or uploaded and downloaded using FTP.
Data from Chilbolton ONLYCalibrated single-instrument measurements (level 1b)
Multi-instrument dataset (level 1c)
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-galileo.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this instrument, starting April 2001.
Caution: Read the README carefully before using this data.
CT75K lidar ceilometer
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-ct75k.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this instrument, starting October 2001.
Drop counting raingauge
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-raingauge.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this instrument, starting January 2003.
Products (level 2)
Combined radar/lidar/gauge data with target categorization
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-categorize.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this product, consisting of radar, lidar and gauge data on the same grid with the radar corrected for attenuation using model temperature, pressure and humidity, plus microwave radiometer data if available. Also included are two bitfields: "target categorization" (the nature of the targets in each pixel) and and "data quality" (the reliability of the data at each pixel).
Simple target classification
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-classification.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this product.
Turbulent kinetic energy dissipation rate
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-epsilon_sigma-v-bar-method.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this product.
Ice Water Content (Z-T method)
- Monthly YYYYMM_chilbolton-iwc_Z-T-method.tar.gz files containing the daily NetCDF files from this product.
Data for all three sites in NetCDF
Model data is converted to a common NetCDF format, for ease of comparison with observations. It includes microwave propagation parameters at 35 and 94 GHz calculated from the model fields: total two-way gaseous attenuation, one-way specific gaseous attenuation, one-way specific gaseous attenuation for saturated air, dielectric parameter of liquid water |K|2, and liquid water attenuation per unit liquid water content. The data are fairly self describing so no extra documentation has been written The code that has been used is called cnmodel2cdl and may be downloaded from the Reading Radar Group software page. It was written by .
Instrument data from each site is processed together with model data into multi-instrument dataset(level 1c) and products(level 2)
- Quality-controlled Cloudnet data released to the community.
- Preliminary versions of the release data - note that this data might change before being released properly, so you are advised to access the "release" data if it is available.
- Cloudnet data not intended for general release to the community. This includes data before conversion to NetCDF (e.g. ascii model data; from this link, select the site and then one of ecmwf-ascii, met-office-ascii, racmo-ascii or meteo-france-ascii; users are recommended to use the released NetCDF versions), and data that is duplicated by a higher-level product (e.g. radar and lidar data; users are recommended to use the Instrument Synergy/Target Categorization dataset, which includes such data within it).
For more information on the data, see the main Cloudnet data page.